Here is a list of my favorite tools that I always reach for when I craft. I strongly believe that you will enjoy the process of anything you do if you have the right tools. As crafters we tend to buy tools based on recommendations (I know I do) so hopefully this list will help/enable others. :) I will try to add images of products in the original packaging, that way I won't have to describe every single product...It would take me forever if I had to do that. I will also update this list as I fall in love with other products! :)
I copied these pictures from the internet and I am in now way associated with any of these companies!
We all have tons of scissors that we use for different things, however these two are my favorite ones. I do have several Fiskars scissors that I use as well but I find these to be the best for all around use or as my kids would say mommy's "don't touch" scissors...which they still use from time to time. :)
The trimmer to the left is my favorite everyday trimmer right now. One of my other favorite trimmer is by MM but unfortunately the numbers and lines on mine have almost disappeared from years of use. I believe MM has since fixed that problem but for now I am fine with this one.
- Premium Personal Paper Trimmer 12" (Fiskars) - I use this one for everyday projects.
- Original Craft Rotary Paper Trimmer 12" (Fiskars) - I've had this trimmer for over 10 years and I use this one for all my major projects, card/invitaion/wedding orders. This rotary trimmer cuts perfect, true sizes and the blade lasts for a very long time.
OK, where do I begin? This is another tool we all have tons of for different types of projects.
- ATG Tape Runner - I've had the original red one for a long time and I know there is a more economical pink one out now, however I can only recommend the one that I have used.
- Tombow Mono - I use the permanent, temporary and vellum adhesive of this tape runner.
- Glossy Accents
- Zig Way Glue Pens
- Glue Dots - I have these is several sizes, pop dots and vellum.
- Wonder Tape - I use this tape in different sizes.
- Pop Dots - these are my favorite ones to use.
- Xyron - 1.5", 2.5" and 5" create-a-sticker. I use the 1.5" the most.
- KoKuyo Dotliner - I use the blue dotliner, however these are hard to find but so worth it! In fact, I got this picture from Cherry Blossom Studio's web page. Michelle (the owner) still sells these online.
Die Cutting Machine:
I have the Silhouette SD however the Cameo has recently replaced it.
Cricut Expression and Gypsy
Provo Craft Cuttlebug
I've had this printer for several years and I love it! Epson has since come out with a newer version of this wide format printer. I also only use Epson photo paper.
Epson Stylus Photo R1800
- Nikon D300 - This camera takes amazing pictures but it's not our everyday camera simply because...well, just look at the size of it and that's without the flash! :)
- Lumix - This camera is always with me and takes great everyday pictures and amazing HD videos.
Baby Lock Molly A Line Series Sewing Machine
This is another product that we all have tons of however these are my most used ones and an absolute must have for everyone...I think. :)
Other Must Haves:
I hope this list was helpful! I will update (add/delete) as I fall in/out of love with products! :)