I have been working on several different projects lately, one of which is Project Life. I originally started out doing the digital version of this project and although I enjoy digital scrapbooking, I quickly realized that I would much rather do this album in the traditional form! I guess my husband got tired of listening to me saying that I should have ordered the kit, he surprised me with it! :) I felt like a kid in a candy store! :)
Here is my cover page:
Switched out the 4 journaling/filler cards for individual pictures of each of us!
Used rub-ons for my title and added floss with a flower and a button to add a little bit of interest to the title page.
This project might seem a bit overwhelming but here is my approach towards making this a fun project. These are also a few of the reasons why I din't want to continue the digital version.
- I am doing a monthly review, not a picture a day. I thought this approach would help alleviate any unnecessary pressure of trying to take a picture a day.
- I am adding additional pages, monthly recaps and even traditional layouts.
- I am including embellishments and incorporating stamping techniques whenever possible.
- I am also including digital overlays on my pictures.
- I will be switching out the original Turquoise album to a We R Memory Keepers 3 Ring Binder. I didn't care too much for the quality of the original album.
- This project will not replace my traditional album however this year I will only concentrate on adding special events pages to my family albums and as well as to each child's album.
This is a great way to get your family involved in helping you to document your everyday life. I am very fortunate that my family supports my hobby so they are always on the lookout for picture ideas along with saving memorabilia for me.
I hope this will help others who are on the fence about undertaking this project. It is a great way to document everyday life! I will load more pages soon...life keeps getting in the way of my hobbies! :)