Dad UR 1 of-a-Kind!

Here is the card that I made for my kids to give to their dad for Father's Day.  They wanted a card that wasn't too "serious" and that defines who he is.  

I was drawn to this DP from Simple Stories which had the definition of the words Strong, Adventurous and Awesome printed on it.  This truly defines my husband and so half the work was already done for me.  :)

I added magic mesh, twine and a button to the left side and brads to the middle of the stars.  The letter stickers "dad" and "1 of-a-kind" (which is adhered with pop dots) are also from Simple Stories.  

I will enter this card into this week's Retro Sketches challenge #16.  Hope all the dads in your life had a great Father's Day!  :)

14 comments:

  1. great masculine card. love the texture and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Love that gorgeous paper with all the fun elements Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card for father's day Arlene, so many wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card. Perfect colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome, Arlene!! The paper is just fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mesh! I think I have some of that, somewhere. Might have to get it out for my next masculine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the masculine paper and the layout-this would work for retro sketches challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie...I will look into this challenge. :)

      Delete
  8. Great idea to turn the sketch on its side. Wonderful masculine card—Love the collage look! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely masculine card. Thank you for playing along at RetroSketches ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! Love the grungy look - I can't quite get the hang of that technique yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this doesn't look like the usual stylish creations of clean and classy Arlene, but I love it just as much! You rock ANY style of card, my friend! This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super design. Perfect for father's day. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...